Friday, October 23, 2020

1408 (2007)

I knew the moment I started watching that this wasn't having a happy ending. I was almost going to fall for the 'he never went to the room and wakes up in the sea' part but my brain has lost any hopes of a happy ending either in movies or real life so I wasn't surprised when the ending turned out to be sad for John lol.

Also, Stephen King is so amazing, he never uses those cliched Catholic female ghosts like the Conjuring Cinematic universe, he uses Phobias! This movie must have been a fucking nightmare for claustrophobics! He literally used natural elements such as fire, water, ice to cause panic! The classic Stephen King's flooding rooms and creepy washroom scenes were just perfect. I just love it when movies try to create psychological trippy scenes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment